494645/CSD - Senior Payroll Officer - APS Level 4
Job no: 494645
Work type: Full-time and Part-time
Location: Barton, ACT
Categories: APS Level 4
The role of Senior Payroll Officer requires a person with strong payroll expertise and attention to detail. The position requires a motivated person with strong organisational skills and a commitment to providing high quality customer service.
Within the Payroll team, you will undertake a range of duties including, but not limited to:
- provide payroll advice based on the department’s Enterprise Agreement, Commonwealth legislation and policy guidelines
- prioritising own workloads in order to meet payroll deadlines and managing reporting tasks
- liaise with internal and external stakeholders on payroll related matters to maintain compliance and ensure positive customer outcomes
- respond to moderately complex customer enquiries via telephone, email and written correspondence, including in the context of non-routine inquiries
- contributing to the development and implementation of enhancements to existing practices and procedures and innovative new approaches to meeting key performance indicators.
Who are we looking for?
We seek people who bring external ideas, diverse experience, and global perspectives, and are willing to explore innovative ways of working. People who work for us will display leadership at all levels, apply information effectively in order to solve problems, and work collaboratively to achieve outcomes.
Specific requirements of the role:
- a sound understanding of and a demonstrated ability to interpret and apply APS conditions of service, in accordance with the established legislation, workplace agreement and policy
- demonstrated knowledge of Human Resource Management Information Systems (preferably Aurion).
Please refer to the AGD Performance Expectations for more detail.
The range and nature of work within the Attorney-General’s Department requires a workforce that reflects our diverse society and the department provides a number of support mechanisms for employees.
As an AGD employee, you will:
- be part of an inclusive and diverse work environment
- receive a generous starting salary and work conditions
- benefit from supportive learning and development
- be supported by a range of active networks including the Indigenous Employee Network, the Celebrating Ability Network, the Woman’s Network, the Pride Network and the Cultural and Linguistically Diverse Network.
To see further information regarding our support for our employees, please see our Workplace Diversity Page.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Vacancy Information Pack Apply now Refer a friend