494611/ID - Assistant Service Desk Team Leader - APS Level 5
Job no: 494611
Work type: Full-time and Part-time
Location: Barton, ACT, Canberra, ACT
Categories: APS Level 5, APS Level 5-6 (Broadbanded)
Role and expectations of the successful candidate:
The APS Level 5 Assistant Service Desk Team Leader (Analysis) is a technical lead role. It supports the IT Service Desk Team Leader and Manager by assisting with the operations of the IT Service Desk, providing IT support to the Attorney–General’s Department, including the Australian Government Solicitor, VIP clients and the Front Desk.
The role is responsible for providing the day-to-day operations of the IT Service Desk, including performance and culture. The APS 5 Assistant Service Desk Team Leader is part of the section’s leadership team and participates in planning and contributes to decisions made.
Under limited direction, the APS Level 5 Assistant Service Desk Team Leader (Analysis) assists with managing support provided by the IT Service Desk, is utilised as a backup for the AGD VIP clients and the Front Desk. The role is responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities:
- provide effective and experienced first and limited second level IT support and assistance
- adhere and conform to the IT Service Desk Key Performance Indicators and Roster, and ensure that service level standards are met
- assist with managing resources to deliver effective and efficient IT support to the department
- ensure high-quality support is provided within service level timeframes and analysis is applied
- ensure all service expectations are being met and investigate when they are not, escalate potential issues or trends to management
- ensure that all jobs are appropriately escalated to level three and follow up on outstanding jobs
- participate in after-hours support, on-call services roster and assist IT Support VIP and Front Desk
- work collaboratively with AGS IT Staff as required
- working closely with the Incident and Change Managers, attend CAB (Change Advisory Board) meetings and continue to work closely with the third level support teams
- manage documentation associated with the role and its operations, including training, Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and knowledge articles
- explore opportunities to streamline and improve processes
- provide assistance and support to senior management as directed
- manage and provide induction and "on the job" training for IT Service Desk staff and ongoing coaching to maintain a high standard of technical competency
- maintain a sound rapport with all stakeholders, particularly with the third level support teams
- assist with video conferencing events and also organise external vendor for repairs as needed.
Who are we looking for?
We seek people who bring external ideas, diverse experience, and global perspectives, and are willing to explore innovative ways of working. People who work for us will display leadership at all levels, apply information effectively in order to solve problems, and work collaboratively to achieve outcomes.
Specific requirements of the role:
The APS Level 5 Assistant Service Desk Team Leader (Analysis) is a key member of the IT Service Desk section. The role would suit an organised, customer oriented high-performer with an interest in IT.
To be suitable, you will need to have the following skills:
- demonstrates initiative
- identifies opportunities to expand their own knowledge and technical skills, seeking out others' expertise and assists in the transfer of their own knowledge to others
- ensures that decision-making and advice is outward-looking and based on critical analysis and evidence
- is approachable as a senior member of the team
- promotes and applies a ‘Lead by Example’ model
- contributes to a positive culture that values innovation and ideas
- assists in project work and other duties as directed.
Please refer to the AGD Performance Expectations for more detail.
The range and nature of work within the Attorney-General’s Department requires a workforce that reflects our diverse society and the department provides a number of support mechanisms for employees.
As an AGD employee, you will:
- be part of an inclusive and diverse work environment
- receive a generous starting salary and work conditions
- benefit from supportive learning and development
- be supported by a range of active networks including the Indigenous Employee Network, the Celebrating Ability Network, the Pride Network, the Women’s Network and the Cultural and Linguistically Diverse Network.
To see further information regarding our support for our employees, please see our Workplace Diversity Page.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Vacancy Information Pack Apply now Refer a friend