494601/AGD - 2020 - APS - Attorney-General's Department - Temporary Employment Register
Job no: 494601
Work type: Full-time and Part-time
Location: Canberra, ACT
Categories: APS Level 1, APS Level 2, APS Level 3, APS Level 4, APS Level 5, APS Level 6, Executive Level 1, Executive Level 2
The Attorney-General's Department delivers programs and policies to maintain and improve Australia's law and justice framework, and to facilitate jobs growth through policies that promote fair, productive, flexible and safe workplaces. Through the Australian Government Solicitor, we also provide legal services to the Commonwealth, including legal advice and representation.
The department’s key strategic priorities are to:
- Support the Attorney-General as First Law Officer, including by providing high-quality legal services to the Commonwealth.
- Assist the Minister for Industrial Relations to foster and support safe, fair and productive workplaces.
- Promote public-sector integrity and strong oversight of Commonwealth intelligence and law enforcement agencies.
- Support a safe and secure Australia by delivering effective national security and criminal justice legislation.
- Maintain an efficient and effective civil and criminal Commonwealth justice system, and work with international partners to strengthen cooperation and advance law and justice issues.
- Enable a free society with balanced rights, freedoms and responsibilities.
The department operates in a diverse and complex environment to address challenging issues. We have a highly-skilled and engaged workforce involved in policy development and implementation and program administration. The department also has a large number of practicing lawyers, mainly within the Australian Government Solicitor group within the department.
Our future success is dependent on a workforce that is agile, diverse, outward looking, engages more effectively with risk, and responds flexibly to our changing environment.
TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT REGISTER
The Attorney-General’s Department 2020 - APS - Attorney-General's Department - Temporary Employment Register is open for current ongoing APS employees to register for a mobility opportunity (s26 transfer) for temporary employment with the department by submitting their details and resume. The APS temporary employment register enables the department to access appropriately skilled and experienced individuals at short notice for temporary employment opportunities.
You should indicate the areas of work you have expertise and experience in, the areas you are interested in and also your qualifications. Salaries for each classification are available in the Attorney-General's Department Enterprise Agreement, available on the department's website.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend